The couple, both 24 and from the virus-hit Italian region of Lombardy, had travelled by car to Innsbruck last week. Italy has seen a huge jump in cases in recent days, including 11 deaths.According to the World Health Organization, the epidemic has peaked at its epicenter in China, where it has killed more than 2,600 people and infected over 77,000 others. Sixty-two people who had contact with the woman were tested at the Grand Hotel Europa in Innsbruck — a tourist hub surrounded by mountains that host major Alpine skiing competitions.All of them were in good health but nine were put under quarantine for two weeks “as a precaution”, a state government spokesman said.Three other people who had close contact with the Italian receptionist were also placed under isolation for two weeks, he said.The woman and her partner, who were quarantined in an Innsbruck hospital after developing a fever, tested positive for the new coronavirus on Tuesday but are now said to be free of fever. Dozens of guests at an Austrian hotel hit by the new coronavirus have been allowed to leave after a lockdown was lifted, officials said on Wednesday.Nine people were quarantined following medical tests at the hotel in the Alpine city of Innsbruck, where an Italian receptionist tested positive for the virus, the Tyrol state government said.The woman and her partner, also from Italy, became Austria’s first confirmed cases following an outbreak in neighboring Italy. Topics :
Seeking a balance between protecting public health and shielding an economy already battered by sanctions, the government has refrained from imposing the kind of wholesale lockdowns on cities seen in many other countries.But it has extended closures of schools and universities and banned cultural, religious and sports gatherings.Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif had a phone call with United Arab Emirates Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan on Sunday and discussed the battle against the spread of the coronavirus and regional developments along with passing on a congratulatory message for the beginning of the holy month of Ramadan. He said the label given to any region in the Islamic Republic could change and he did not specify when the color-coding program would come into force.Deputy Health Minister Iraj Harirchi said in an interview with state TV on Sunday that 116 counties in the country could be considered white at the moment and 134 yellow.Iranians have returned to shops, bazaars and parks over the past week as the country eases coronavirus restrictions, with the daily increase in the death toll below 100 since April 14.The toll rose by 60 over the past 24 hours to 5,710, with 90,481 confirmed cases, Health Ministry spokesman Kianush Jahanpur told state TV on Sunday. Iran plans to reopen mosques in parts of the country that have been consistently free of the coronavirus outbreak as restrictions on Iranians gradually ease, President Hassan Rouhani said on Sunday.Iran, one of the Middle Eastern countries hardest hit by the pandemic, will be divided up into white, yellow and red regions based on the number of infections and deaths, Rouhani said, according to the presidency’s website.Activities in each region will be restricted accordingly, so an area that has been consistently free of infections or deaths will be labeled white and mosques could be reopened and Friday prayers resumed, Rouhani said. Topics :
The New American 1 July 2016Kaeley Triller Haver is a 33 year old mother of two young children. She is also a survivor of sexual trauma. Her abuse — at the hands of a man close to her family — began when she was still in diapers and lasted the first 10 years of her life, so she is aware of the need to protect women and girls from the types of men who would prey on them.Last year, she found herself on the politically incorrect side of the issue of transgender access to bathrooms and locker rooms in Washington State. And what she found is that her feelings, her fears, her experiences — like those of so many women and girls — do not matter where this issue is concerned. Everyone is equal; some are just more equal than others. Before it was over, she was fired from her job for not going along with the agenda of the transgender lobby.Kaeley began working at the YMCA as a locker room monitor when she was 15. Over the past 17 years, she had continued working for the organization while going to high school and then college and beyond. In her last position there — communications director — her job was to oversee all communications for nine branch locations covering 120,000 members. Then the YMCA decided to open up its locker rooms and showers on the basis of gender identity. Men would be allowed to use the women’s facilities and no one could stop them or even question them about it.She told The New American that she could not go along with that policy and tried — unsuccessfully — to convince the organization of the dangers:Before this even became a matter of law in Washington, I was working at the YMCA here as a communications director and my boss came to me one day and said, “We’re doing this new policy and it might be controversial and I need you to take this stuff home and go over it and start helping me with the talking points.” What she was talking about was transgender locker room access. And so, I pushed back and I got fired.We asked Kaeley how she “pushed back” and she explained:I said this is not something I can do in good conscience, and here’s why. And for the first time in my life — because it’s not something you talk about at work — I expressed my experience as a survivor of sexual trauma. My abuser liked to watch me in the shower and laugh, and so I was keenly aware of what happens in our locker rooms, and wanting to protect our members. And because of my past experiences, I was hyper-vigilant at the Y. I would regularly conduct sex offender screening — on my own time — to make sure that someone wasn’t getting through that shouldn’t. And every time I would run one of these screenings, I would catch somebody — in November I found three sex offenders who were actively using our YMCA facilities. One of them had a free shower pass, actually. I have sat with parents after their children have been harmed, so I know [how] predators work, so this policy was just not something I could get behind. And I told them all of this stuff and said, “This is why we can’t do this.”One would expect the feelings, experiences, and reasonable observations of a woman who had survived the ordeal of having her most formative years marked by sexual abuse to be taken into account. But this is not how the YMCA responded, according to Kaeley. “My boss looked at me and told me, ‘You know Kaeley, any time I find myself feeling the way that you’re feeling right now, I convince myself that I am being closed-minded,’” she told The New American.Ignoring her warnings, Kaeley recounted, the YMCA decided to instate the policy — without informing members of the change. “That’s when I really began to struggle,” she said, “because I realized that I have friends and family who use those locker rooms and showers and they could end up being confined with a naked male. So I ended up writing a blog post about the transgeneder bathroom issue and I got it published in The Federalist.” The blog post — which has seen nearly viral distribution — was not about the policy at the YMCA. It was about Kaeley’s own traumatic experiences as a child. But it did address the transgender bathroom issue. “I didn’t use the YMCA’s name, but I was fired a week later for inappropriate communication with members,” she told The New American. While no one at the YMCA mentioned the blog post directly, Kaeley said, the timing of her termination made the point clear.What she did not realize at first was that she was caught up in a larger battle. The Human Rights Commission was planning to push through a rule that would essentially open all “public accommodations” across the state on the basis of gender identity. It didn’t take her long to put the pieces together once the new rule was announced. She told The New American:I realized the reason the YMCA was doing this was because they had been clued into the fact that the Human Rights Commission here in Washington — which is a group of five unelected bureaucrats — was going to instate this state-wide mandate — basically a rule functioning as law for the entire state of Washington — and they did this on December 26, 2015 — they quietly enacted a new rule that would require all places with public accommodations in the entire state to open their bathrooms and locker rooms on the basis of gender identity. They didn’t tell anyone about this [ahead of time]. Five people decided for seven million.READ MORE: http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/23541-rape-victim-transgender-agenda-creates-rape-culture
Manchester City are convinced Arsenal are behind the plot to have their European ban upheld if the Covid-19 crisis prevents an appeal. Loading… “These allegations are simply not true,” Soriano said in an interview on the club’s official website. In a statement CAS said: “The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has registered an appeal filed by Manchester City football club against the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA).” Earlier in the week a “bombshell disclosure” by the Daily Mail claimed that the entire Premier League top 10, bar City and Sheffield United, had submitted a joint application to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Now it has reportedly emerged that Arsenal have led the appeal with Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United, Wolves, Leicester, Burnley and Chelsea all separately writing to the same law firm, which has then sent an application backed by all the clubs named to CAS. The clubs strongly object to City’s plan to play on in the tournament while the appeal is ongoing and they request that City’s punishment is ‘stayed’ while their case is resolved. Read Also:Klopp says Liverpool spirits are high despite virus lockdown The coronavirus pandemic means CAS are now unlikely to be in a position to hear all the evidence until late in the summer, meaning City are likely to ask for their ban to be suspended while their appeal is heard. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The Sunday Mirror report that City boss believe that Arsenal have instigated the appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport to make sure that Pep Guardiola’s men do not play in Europe next season. Apparently Etihad officials “have information from a number of trusted sources” that the Gunners have led the movement of top English clubs pleading for City’s appeal to be upheld. The report claims “Arsenal refused to comment on the suggestion,” as expected, and will deny the claims if they are questioned about the matters by City officials. City are also understood to be upset with Liverpool, who are also one of the clubs involved, given Jurgen Klopp’s men have already secured a place in next season’s Champions League. City were given a two-season ban from European football and fined £24.9million for breaching financial regulations, but have vowed to fight the verdict of a UEFA investigation into accounts submitted by the club between 2012 and 2016. City chief executive Ferran Soriano immediately denied claims that the Premier League champions broke the rules over Financial Fair Play regulations. Promoted ContentLook At Something Beautiful That Wasn’t Made By A Human Being10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your BodyTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeIs Cristiano Ronaldo Converting His Hotels To Hospitals?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World7 Famous And Incredibly Unique Places In ThailandThe Network’s Greatest Shows On HBO
A new AARP study finds that more than 978 thousand have demonstrated at least seven key factors that put them at high risk of being a victim of an online scam. Photo credit: morgue file.Close to 1 million Hoosiers may be putting themselves at risk of becoming a victim of a fraud on the Internet.A new survey from AARP found it’s a combination of online behaviors and life experiences that put a person at the greatest risk of being scammed.It’s a situation Melvin Armstrong of Carmel knows all too well.He says he did what he thought was the safe thing and used a credit card with a low limit to purchase a gift online.The $40 gift turned into a $4,000 fraudulent charge.“Someone intercepted my online purchase,” he explains. “They were out of Texas and somehow they were able to call the credit card company and get an increase in my credit card, and I didn’t know about this until after I received my credit card statement.”The AARP report found people who feel lonely or are facing a financial hardship may be prone to one of the 15 behaviors that increase their risk of being victimized, such as clicking on a pop-up ad, opening an email from an unknown source or signing up for free trial offers.The AARP Fraud Watch Network connects people to free resources to avoid being scammed.It’s available at aarp.org/fraudwatchnetwork.According to the survey, 72 percent of web users in Indiana faced an online attack in 2013.Armstrong says it took several months of work with federal and several state governments before getting his problem resolved.He’s participated in one of AARP’s Fraud Watch Network trainings and has some advice for Hoosiers.“Have a lower credit card limit and only use that for purchasing online,” he stresses. “Make certain you follow up on your purchase, and watch your bills from that time on.”According to the Federal Trade Commission, reports of consumer fraud have increased by more than 60 percent since 2008 and online scams doubled from slightly more than 20 percent of all fraud in 2007 to nearly 40 percent of all fraud in 2011.
By Greg GrabianowskiBRITT, Iowa (May 2) – There were five new winners at Hancock County Speedway on Saturday, May 2.Nate Hughes grabbed the IMCA Xtreme Motor Sports Modified his first win, ahead of Jeremy Mills and Jeff Dolphin.Dan Hanselman took full advantage of his pole start to capture the IMCA Sunoco Stock Car checkers. Kevin Opheim placed second and Ned Kalis was third.George Nordman crossed the finish line first in the Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMod headliner. Nick Meyer was runner-up and third was Greg Sidles.Drew Barglof bagged the IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stock win with 10th starting Cody Nielsen and Scott Dobel in tow.Megan Sandvig raced from inside row three to top the Mach-1 Sport Compact main event. Jay DeVries was runner-up and his wife Kaytee finished third.
Walton Leads Argonauts to Fifth Straight Win April 21, 2007Box Score PENSACOLA, Fla. – Taren Walton (Pensacola, Fla./Daytona Beach CC) limited West Georgia to two hits as West Florida recorded a 2-0 win Saturday in the first game of a double header at the UWF Softball Complex. West Florida (28-20, 8-7 GSC) won their fifth straight, while West Georgia (30-27, 10-9 GSC) dropped to 5-41 all-time against West Florida.Walton retired the first 13 Wolves hitters. She only allowed a Jessie Wise single in the fifth and Mary Carlisle’s lead off single in the seventh. Walton struck out six and did not walk a batter in earning her sixth shutout of the season.West Florida scored the only runs of the game in the bottom of the fifth inning. Whitney Gay (Cantonment, Fla./Tate HS) led off with a single and was sacrificed to second by Walton. Nicky VanCamp (Davenport, Iowa/Kirkwood CC) then doubled off the fence in right center to score Gay. With two outs, Valerie Staub (East Brunswick, N.J./Wallace-Dothan CC) kept the inning alive with a single, and Julie Carroll (Calgary, Alberta, Canada/Liberty Univ.) followed with an RBI single up the middle.West Georgia threatened in the top of the seventh inning. Carlisle led off with a single, but Walton retired the next two batters on fly outs. A throwing error by Walton put the tying run in scoring position with two outs. But Walton struck out Jamie Van Haltern to end the game.Walton (13-7) won her second straight start and defeated West Georgia for the second time this season. Kacie Crider (8-8) allowed two runs on six hits, while walking four and striking out seven in a losing effortPrint Friendly Version Share
Statewide — From a statement released late last week from Indiana Democratic Chair, John Zody: “The Indiana Democratic Party has become aware of disturbing comments on social media aimed at Sixth District Congressional candidate Jeannine Lee Lake.In addition, the Democratic Party has been told of a disturbing package sent to the candidate by mail that contained materials of an accusatory and harassing nature. It should go without saying that everyone in politics should condemn attacks on candidates that have no place in our discourse, but it has become evident that not everyone believes this.As such, we are making clear our condemnation of any attacks that are harassing to her or her candidacy, including the sharing of any personal information. We call on Congressman Pence and all GOP Party Officers in the Sixth Congressional District to join us in condemning behavior aimed at candidates personally.”
Florida education officials say about 200,000 students statewide could become ineligible for automatic free school lunches under the Trump administration’s plan to reduce the number of people enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as the food stamp program.Presently, children automatically qualify for a free daily lunch if their families receive food stamps.The revised plan, which was finalized Wednesday and is set to take effect April 1, 2020, would restrict SNAP enrollment by removing states’ ability to change income and asset limits for households that receive food stamps in addition to other welfare benefits.In Florida, the Department of Children and Families’ threshold for SNAP qualification currently allows households with incomes that are up to 200 percent of the poverty level to receive food stamps.Nationally, nearly one-million students could be affected, according to a recent report from the U.S. Agriculture Department.Sources say impacted Florida households would still be eligible to receive free- and reduced-price meals if they individually file an application for the National School Lunch Program.
… after creditable performances last yearTHE United Cycling International (UCI) Tour of Tobago is scheduled for October 2, 2016. In the same event last year, two of Guyana’s cyclists Romelo Crawford and Raynauth Jeffrey turned in impressive performances.For Crawford it was the Division two 20-lap Plymouth Criterium race in Tobago Cycling Classic Four race series. The young Berbician won the race in an exciting sprint ahead of Junior Caribbean champion Tyler Cole and Nicholas Paul. There were 42 starters in the event. Jeffrey, on the other hand, placed fourth in the event but was disqualified for not following an unmarked section of the course towards the finish of the race.This year, it appears as if Guyana will be unrepresented according to Guyana Cycling Federation Race Secretary Hassan Mohamed. When questioned by the Guyana Chronicle, Mohamed stated he was unable to comment on Guyana taking part.“I’m unable to comment at this time, it does not look like we will be sending cyclists due to financial constraints,” stated Mohamed.He added that most cyclists secured their own sponsors through the federation but at this point there were no requests for sponsor licences.The UCI Tour of Tobago starts in nine days and if Guyanese cyclists are looking to take part they will have a short period of time to find sponsorship.